Welcome to the website of Association of Nigerian Community in Clare where we provide information about Nigerian culture, events and activities.
The ANCC is a non-profit cultural and educational organization that aims to provide cross-cultural, social, political and economic assistance for Nigerians living in County Clare
The Association of Nigerian Community in Clare is a non-profit and non- political association established in 2007, its centre of activities and headquarters is based in County Clare Rep of Ireland.
The mission of the ANCIC mission is to meet the needs of all Nigerians based in County Clare.
The main focus of the association is to promote co – operation between the Irish government (host government), the Nigerian community and other ethnic groups.
Aims & Objectives
- To protect and promote Nigerian cultural heritage and integration in Ireland (host community) and beyond.
- To promote co – operation and integration between Irish, Nigerian and other ethnic groups.
- To be a political, and not be affiliated in anyway to any political party or organisation in part or as a whole anywhere in the world including the host country.
- To project the image of Nigerian community in Ireland and internationally.
- To establish progress and unity among Nigerians, Irish community and other ethnic groups.
- To promote and participate in research concerning Nigeria.
- To act as a mediator between Nigerian, Irish community (host community) and Irish Organisation and other ethnic groups.
- To stand in unity and assist individual member when required.
- To establish a Library for the use of the Association and Members.
- To offer support, incentives and other prizes for essays or research in any subject bearing on Nigeria Culture and Heritage.
- To institute, establish and promote scholarship grants, awards and prizes to encourage education in the principles and practice of Nigerian Culture.
- To confer, consult, maintain, contact and co – operate with any persons, associations, societies, institutions or bodies of persons established within or outside Ireland having objects in whole or part similar to those of the Association in respect of matters within the objects of the Association to represent Nigerians internationally.
- To amalgamate or affiliate with or to acquire or take over the undertaking of any institution or body having objects altogether or in parts similar to those of the Association not formed for profit, so however than any step so taken shall not enlarge the objects of the Association or involve any disbursement of funds not conducive to such objects.
- To make arrangements for carrying on the work of Association for this purpose to engage and provide in whole or in part for the salaries or maintenance of the offices, servants and employees.
- To provide for expenses incurred by the members of the executives and members of the Association during the course of carrying out the running of the Association.
- To promote personal friendly intercourse between members of the Association to hold conferences and meetings for the discussion of Nigerian affairs, interest and duties, the reading of papers, and the delivery of lectures, compile lists, registers and records of events and proceedings of interest to the members; to issue copies of such lists registers and records from time to time to members of the Association and generally to collect, collate and publish statistical or other information or service or interest to members.
- To act as a means of communication between members and other agencies
- To purchase, take on lease or exchange, hire or otherwise, acquire any real or personal property and any rights or privileges in any part of the world which the Association think necessary or convenient for the promotion of its objects and to construct, maintain and alter any buildings or erections necessary, convenient or fitted for the work of the Association.
- To sell, let, mortgage, dispose of or turn to account all or any of the property or assets of the Association as may thought expedient for the furtherance of its objects.
- To undertake any trusts which may lawfully be undertaken by the Association and may be calculated to further its objects.
- To borrow or raise money for the purpose of the Association on such terms and on such security (if any) as may be thought fit and to accept legacies, grants, donations or gifts for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
- To invest the moneys of the Association not immediately required for its purpose in or upon such investments, security or property as may be approved by the executives and the board of trustees.
- To do all or any of the above things in any part of the world whether as principals, agents, trustees or otherwise.
- To do such other lawful things as are incidental or may be thought conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.